Dental Health Checks in East London
Dental Examinations – Assessing Overall Oral Health
At UltraSmile*, we are looking for ways to keep you as healthy as possible and to reduce your risks of future problems and treatment, and look and feel great.
Our signature dental health examinations are very comprehensive and industry leading. Your UltraSmile* dentist will assess the overall health of your mouth.
- We check all your restorations and fillings to see if they are still strong and adequate.
- We check the health of your gums, this is absolutely critical if you are to keep your teeth for life!
- We check the Occlusion (your bite and it’s function).
- We check for the presence of plaque (which does all the damage to mouths – yet can be controlled to preserve health).
- We check to see if the inside of your mouth (cheeks, lips, tongue, roof and floor of mouth) is healthy.
- We check your medical history and medication list (if any) and see how this may affect your oral health.
- We listen to what may be worrying you!
- We find out if you are happy with the appearance of your smile or not.
- We also check the outside of your mouth.
- We check the bone which supports your teeth.
- We check for early signs of oral cancer.
It would be necessary to take some radiographs (x-rays) to carry out a complete and thorough assessment. At UltraSmile*, we use digital radiography which very significantly reduces the x-ray dosage used – by up to 80%
X-rays help diagnose problems otherwise unnoticed, such as damage to jawbones, impacted teeth, abscesses, cysts or tumours, and decay between the teeth.
We will then reveal our findings in each area and advise you on how to:
- Keep dentally healthy, or
- Become more healthy (and less likely to need future treatment, lose teeth, suffer bad breath or encounter other problems).
If treatment is required, no matter how large or small, we would always give you a complete treatment plan with exact costing for every items and no hidden charges. If you want to proceed with us, then the treatment plan must be signed.